Calligrapher Jessica Yee of The Oblique Pen has a simple and very profound goal: turn special occasion documents, glassware, wine bottles, and precious keepsakes into treasures to be kept forever. The Oblique Pen calligraphy studio in Cary, North Carolina, achieves these goals by providing custom lettering for weddings, birth announcements, business events and those precious and unique gifts we pass down to future generations.
Clients throughout the Triangle and Wake County have enjoyed the over 20 years of experience and attention to detail and individual preferences that brings art to life. The Oblique Pen’s portfolio boasts both whimsical and traditional appearance and original design. For example, A boy’s birth announcement might be offered in bold blue brush strokes, while those precious wedding vows appear in classic script.
When Jessica meets with you to discuss a project, she learns about your style and preferences. This helps determine the right kind of lettering required and the degree of elaboration needed for your very personal project. Some clients prefer plenty of curlicues and flourishes; others want a more traditional, formal presentation. The client’s wishes are always met to create this one of a kind present.
We offer just six of The Oblique Pen’s services:
- Wedding scrolls: Also called Quaker marriage certificates, these include the names of the couple, date and place of the wedding, plus signatures from the assembled guests. For a large wedding with hundreds of guest signatures, this document often becomes a hand-bound book.
- Envelopes: Addressing of outer and inner envelopes for weddings and other special occasions.
- Individual commissions: One-of-a-kind gifts that merge a name, phrase, or initials with illustrations. This can be a romantic gift from a husband to his wife using her initials, favorite colors and beloved imagery.
- Invitations: The Oblique Pen can create custom camera-ready invitations for any event.
- Etiquette questions answered: Not sure how to address envelopes for blended families? What is the proper form of address for same-sex couples? The Oblique Pen has the answers and will make sure your documents are worded correctly.
- Calligraphy classes: The Oblique Pen offers classes to help you learn the art of calligraphy.
When it’s time to make an impression with your special event, let The Oblique Pen turn your personal style and wishes into lasting memories.
This post about calligraphy services in the Triangle NC is brought to you by The Oblique Pen in Apex NC!
We are found easily across social media:
Photo: The Oblique Pen