Engaged couples in the Triangle who write their own wedding vows can have those most special of verses elegantly preserved in custom calligraphy by The Oblique Pen, in Cary, North Carolina. For those unsure how to start writing vows, calligrapher Jessica Yee offers expertise in both what to include and how exactly to word those special promises that last forever.
By contacting The Oblique Pen a few months before the wedding, couples can get assistance in finalizing wording, plus order a hand-lettered copy of the vows to display at the wedding reception.
Here are five important steps in creating personalized wedding vows:
- Communicate: The couple should make sure they are both comfortable with writing personalized vows and speaking them in front of witnesses and special guests. The internet offers a wealth of information on writing wedding vows and calligrapher Jessica Yee can ease any concerns by providing professional experience and guidance.
- Personalize: This part of the ceremony can recount a touching or fun moment from the couple’s courtship, or the story of how they met or when they first realized they were in love. The language should sound natural for them and reflect their personal style and values.
- Simplify: Four or five essential promises can encompass a couple’s devotion to one another. Personalized vows offer couples the chance to rework traditional phrases into words that better express their beliefs about marriage.
- Keep it short: Wedding vows are a key element of the ceremony but they should not be too long. The traditional vows use no more than 50 words and need only 30 seconds to recite. Custom vows likely will be a little longer, perhaps 150 to 200 words.
- Practice: Saying wedding vows aloud in front of a large group will make some people nervous. To fend off the butterflies, the couple should practice reading the vows aloud several times before the big day, making sure there are no verbal stumbling blocks.
Personalized vows are just one way to make a wedding unique and memorable. View The Oblique Pen’s online portfolio to see the variety of styles available for preserving wedding day vows.
This post about calligraphy services in the Triangle NC is brought to you by The Oblique Pen in Apex NC!
We are found easily across social media:
Photo: The Oblique Pen